Voluntary Carbon Markets
London, 12 - 13 October 2009
It gives me great pleasure to announce the 5th edition of the Voluntary Carbon Markets conference and exhibition which is taking place at the America Square Conference Centre, London, on the 12 - 13 October 2009.
A recent study from New Carbon Finance and Ecosystem Marketplace stated that the Voluntary Carbon Market increased significantly in 2008 reaching 123.4MtCO2e, almost double its size in 2007. However, a decrease in VER prices and volume at the beginning of 2009 have shown that the VCM is not immune to the global economic climate.
The state of the Voluntary Carbon Market study however differs from the voluntary offsetting report published by ENDS on projected market activity and consumer motivations in the voluntary offset market. 83% of offset buyers stated that they would continue purchasing voluntary carbon credits, where as the industries' suppliers projected a 66% decrease in the market's growth rate.
25+ industry experts are already confirmed to speak, including:
- Steve Drummond, Managing Director, Bainton Capital
- Rob Flanagan, Sales Director, Adnams
- Guy Turner, Director, New Carbon Finance
- Helen Robinson, Chief Executive Officer, TZ1
- Jonathan Shopley, Managing Director, The Carbon Neutral Company
- David Antonioli, Chief Executive Officer, VCS Association, USA
- Peter Walsh, Business Development Manager, First Climate
- Jasmine Hyman, Marketing Director, The Gold Standard
- Amul Gogna, Managing Director - Ratings, IDEACarbon
- Stefano Merlin, Chief Executive Officer, Social Carbon
- Dario Parente, Corporate Trust Product Management, The Bank od New York Mellon
What's on the agenda?
- Global Market Update
- How has the market grown and what is its size?
- Where does it sit in the regulated market and has its role changed?
- What type of projects are predominant?
- Solidifying and Linkage of the Voluntary Market
- How does the VCS registry system work in practice?
- Is there a need for a unified global voluntary carbon registry?
- Beyond registries, what market infrastructure is needed to support market innovation and expansion?
- Finance and Investment
- How can investment in the voluntary market be encouraged in financially difficult conditions?
- Do financiers see the voluntary projects as a good investment?
- How can standardisation help to minimize financial risks?
- How do you overcome credibility challenges?
- What types of offsets attract the most investment?
- Carbon Trading and Pricing
- Exchange based vs. OTC trades
- Churn rate of VERs
- How do VER ratings affect pricing?
- Carbon Offsetting and CSR Strategies
- The problems that have occured with regards to offsetting
- Offsetting schemes in practice
- Where does ofsetting fit into a robust carbon management strategy?
- Market Developments
- How to bundle biodiversity and carbon credits
- What price premium can be achieved for socially orientated projects?
- REDD overview and update
- The VER potential from forestry management and harvested wood products
Click here to download the full event brochure.
Click here to register
Plus ~ Insight Breakfast Briefing - 13 October:
The Breakfast Briefing will provied an interactive forum for attendees to gain insight into the future development of the voluntary carbon markets. Join expert speakers and find out what questions really concern your industry peers, put your own questions forward and help find solutions to the key market issues.
- What has voluntary action achieved so far?
- What is the role for the voluntary carbon market now that regulation is really taking shape?
- What is the best role for government with respect to the voluntary carbon market?
- What will corporate carbon management programmes look like pre-2012 and beyond
Carbon Markets Turkey, South Caucasus & Central Asia
Understand key market changes and carbon reduction opportunities
Istanbul, Turkey, 29 - 30 September 2009
This key regional event is a high level business networking conference, which will focus on the developments and business opportunities in the voluntary and compliance carbon markets in Turkey, Southern Caucasus, and Central Asia.
Click here for more information
Sponsorship & Exhibition Opportunities:
Voluntary Carbon Markets 2009 is the 21st event in the global series of carbon markets conferences and exhibitions organised by Green Power Conferences. The event offers an integrated solution of brand positioning, business development and face-to-face networking opportunities with senior decision makers.
Sponsorship and Exhibition space is already selling fast - click here to speak with the sponsorship manager
Past sponsors & exhibitors include:
3 Degrees, ABM Amro, AES, APX, Asja, Baker & Mckenzie, Banco, Sumitomo, BSi, Camco Global, Carbon Capital Markets, Carbon Resource Management, Carbon Solutions America, CEF, Climate Change Capital, Climex, Defra, DNV, EcoAdvance, EcoFyhs, EcoSecurities, EEC Energy and Enviornmental Consulting, Environ, ESB International, Environmental Defense Fund, Equator Environmnetal, FC2E, FirstClimate, Green Stream, IMG, Kommunal Kredit, Linklaters, Luso Carbon Fund, Mapa Distributors, Methane to Markets, MGM International, Mitsubishi, Natsource, Noble Carbon Credits, Orbeo, Ortqadogu, South Pole Carbon Asset Management, SRI Consulting, Sterling Inc, Sumitomo, TFS Energy, The World Bank, Tuev Sued, TZ1
Founded in 2003, Green Power Conferences was the first dedicated company to offer professionally organised events focusing on the renewable energy, climate change and sustainability sectors. We have now welcomed over 10,000 delegates from 92 countries and built a global database of 400,000+ contacts. Our expertise lies in producing high quality, interactive conferences that provide ample networking opportunities for delegates and partners alike.
Each event is developed by a team of market research professionals who ensure our events provide in-depth discussions and the latest industry updates in these fast-moving sectors. With a global portfolio of 50+ events, Green Power Conferences is helping to accelerate the uptake of renewable energy, climate change mitigation projects and sustainable business practices from Rio to Hong Kong. We also walk the talk, by offsetting all our commercial activities through renewable energy projects around the world.
Join our Green Energy Training Group on LinkedIn - click here
BioPower Generation USA, Chicago, USA, 8-9 July
Optimizing Wind Power Performance, Houston, TX, USA, 2-3 September
Solar Economics Forum USA, Washington DC, USA, 9-10 September
Sustainability Stakeholder Engagement, New York, USA, 14-15 September
Carbon Markets USA, Washington DC, USA, 21-22 September
Forestry Carbon Markets & REDD, Washington DC, USA, 23-24 September
Next Generation Biofuels, Amsterdam, Netherlands, 28-30 September
Carbon Markets Turkey, South Caucasus & Central Asia, Istanbul, Turkey, 29-30 September
Biogas USA, San Francisco, USA, 1-2 October 2009
Carbon Markets Mexico & Central America, Mexico City, Mexico, 6-7 October
Biofuels Markets Mexico & Central America, Mexico City, Mexico. 7 October
Jatropha Markets Americas, Mexico City Mexico, 8-9 October
Voluntary Carbon Markets, London, UK, 12-13 October
Carbon Markets MENA, Cairo, Egypt, 27-28 October
BioEnergy Markets West Africa, Accra, Ghana, 27-29 October
Carbon Markets Africa, Cape Town, South Africa, 10-11 November
World Biofuels Markets, Amsterdam, The Netherlands, 15-17 March 2010
Green Power Academy Courses:
Introduction to Renewables, London, 11-12 August
Introduction to Solar Technology and Markets, London, 13-14 August
Wind 101, A 1-day primer for non-engineers, Houston, 1 September
Solar 101, A 1-day primer for non-engineers, Washington DC, 8 September
Introduction to Renewables, London, 12-13 October
Introduction to Solar Technology and Markets, London, 14-15 October
Introduction to Renewables, Dubai, 15-16 November
Introduction to Solar Technology and Markets, Dubai, 17-18 November
For more information on our academy courses please visit www.greenpoweracademy.com
Difundan libremente este artículo
CONSULTEN, OPINEN , ESCRIBAN .
Rodrigo González Fernández
Diplomado en "Responsabilidad Social Empresarial" de la ONU
Diplomado en "Gestión del Conocimiento" de la ONU
Oficina: Renato Sánchez 3586 of. 10
Teléfono: OF .02- 2451113 y 8854223- CEL: 76850061
Soliciten nuestros cursos de capacitación y consultoría en LIDERAZGO - GESTION DEL CONOCIMIENTO - RESPONSABILIDAD SOCIAL EMPRESARIAL LOBBY ENERGIAS RENOVABLES , asesorías a nivel nacional e internacional y están disponibles para OTEC Y OTIC en Chile